When it comes to cooking we are loving the cast iron cookware by Victor for many reasons. Cast iron skillets get better with age and are versatile.
You can cook up all sorts of dishes and they can be used on the hob and then transferred easily to the oven. Our favourite dish cooked this way is the French tarte tartin made with apples or pears, but less of this mouth watering talk of delicious treats and onto our 5 reasons why we think you should be cooking in cast iron pans.
1. They get better with age. Our favourite reason for cooking with these great cast iron pans is that they just get better and better as the seasoned surface develops into a great natural non stick surface. It's a great healthy alternative to non stick pans as the seasoned pan will not only mean you can use less oil but also that non of the toxic PFC coatings from cheaper pans will find it's way into your food.
2. Cast iron pans can be used inside the oven too. It's just great when you have those dishes that require cooking on the hob and then transferring to the oven to finish off. The skillets have cast iron handles and so are easily transferable from hob to oven.
3. Cast iron cookware retains the heat brilliantly which is great for saving money on energy bills and also keeps the food piping hot when serving food directly to the table in the pan.
4. Iron is a health giving mineral which is transferred directly from the pan to the food when cooking in cast iron, this is especially good if you are vegetarian and may be lacking in this vital nutrient.
5. Cast iron is a great investment in not only your health but also will last for generations. One of those great things that will still be around to pass down to your grandchildren.
So what's stopping you get those pans out and start cooking now.
So the weekend is almost here and what have you got planned?
If you are looking for a little weekend inspiration then there are so many great ideas about how you can spend your precious time but when it comes to getting your home and garden into shape then take a look at some of our interior suggestions to kick start your plans.
If you need to keep your space clean and tidy then start with adding some of these fabulous cast iron brackets which can hold the heaviest of shelves. They come in so many different sizes and colour choices that you will be spoilt for choice. We're sure you will want some in almost every room in the house.
Once you have all of your random items neatly placed on your new shelves it will be time to think about adding some hat and coat hooks to your walls or inside cupboards so that those summer hats have a place to hang and if you reside in the UK then you're sure to need a raincoat near to the door too.
You can always give your drawers a face lift with any of these delightful drawer pulls and cabinet knobs or if you fancy getting into refurbishing that old piece of furniture you have always wanted to give a new lease of life to then they will be sure to add a great finishing touch to your project.
If refurbishing furniture is not your thing then you could always spend your weekend cooking up a delight in the kitchen, these cast iron cooking pans can be used both indoors or out doors on a camp fire and both on the hob or inside the oven to finish the dish.
After all of that hard work you are sure to want to just chill in the garden with a drink or two. Having a cast iron bottle opener on hand will make enjoying yourself so much easier and the beer bottle carrier means you can take your beer with you even if you decide to just retreat to the beach, Whatever you decide the do, have a great weekend.