When it come to designing and making great products for the home you want something stylish but practical and we have designed the perfect nutcracker to use with every type of nut.
Call Us On: +44(0)1746 710 777
FREE UK DELIVERY WHEN YOU SPEND £100
There is always the usual socks and aftershave to fall back on but it leaves a lingering feeling that there may have been a more original gift idea out there that he could appreciate. We are hoping that this list of 5 great mens gift ideas can inspire you to find a gift with a little more originality and yet still within an accessible budget.
Our first suggestion is for nut lovers. This stylish yet practical nutcracker is so ornamental it can be left on display all year round and not just at Christmas. It has a great screw down mechanism which is easy to use and a handy shell catcher so that nut shells are kept neatly in the dish. With this solid cast iron nutcracker he can crack away to his hearts content as it will crack the smallest hazelnut and the largest walnut and any type of nut he loves, except you of course!! ( We're not saying you're nuts or anything) And he certainly won't if this arrives in his gift selection.
Our second gift choice is for the man who takes his grooming seriously and yet doesn't want to give up his facial hair. This cast pewter moustache and beard comb is the take anywhere comb that is discreet enough to be popped into a top pocket and manly enough to use on a regular basis. We just love the moustache decoration and the chin sized body of the comb, it's got to be the next tool in his toolbox or certainly his travel bag.
For the man who likes a beer or two these cast wall mounted bottle openers need to be in every room. They are perfect for use both indoors and out, placed near to fridges, doorways, on tables, dressers or even chairs they can mean the difference between running around looking for a bottle opener and always knowing where to open your beer. The perfect party must have too, guests will appreciate the fact that they can crack a beer as often as they want to without rummaging around your kitchen. so how many do you need to keep him happy?
Does your man love to be outdoors? Gardening, walking or generally getting his boots muddy and then walking through the house while he finds somewhere to sit and take his boots off. Well this cast iron Beetle Boot Pull could solve all of your problems and his. It is decorative and looks great outside your front door and is perfect for removing those muddy wellingtons or shoes before you step foot in the house. It is simple to use and effective, with no bending down at all. Boot jacks like this could be the gift to save his back and yours.
Our final and 5th choice for an original Christmas gift is for the man who just likes to kick back and is a little on the lazy side at times. These great humorous tin signs allow you to express yourself without causing too much offence (we hope). Let him become a member of the Lazy Other Half Club which allows him to only be lazy on days which don't end with a Y. We're sure he'll appreciate putting his feet up this Christmas at least.
Autumn is now in full swing and moving into colder days ahead as Winter approaches.
These late balmy Summer days are coming to an end with the evenings beginning to draw in. This is the the time of year when we begin thinking about warming dishes to come home to. What better way to cook up delicious Autumn morsels than in traditional iron cookware. Not only does it look great in your kitchen it delivers with superb results every time. So from Tarte Tartin to Beef Cobbler, get cooking in these wonderful kitchen cook ware pans and accessories.
1. On this fantastic double griddle there are some mouth watering dishes that can be cooked this Autumn but our favourite is this recipe for meatballs with soy and ginger glaze.
Cooking meatballs on a larger surface like a griddle means you don’t have to cook in four batches to get perfectly crispy meatballs! And, using a leaner meat like the turkey in this recipe from Smitten Kitchen means you won’t have to worry about the oil runoff you’d get if you were using beef.
Meatballs With Soy and Ginger Glaze.
Directions: Start making the sauce first. Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves completely. Reduce heat to a medium-low and add soy sauce, mirin, ginger, coriander and peppercorns. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 30 minutes, though it may take you longer to really get a glaze that will stick to the meatballs. Once it has reduced, strain through a sieve.
To make the meatballs, mix turkey, scallions, cilantro, egg, sesame oil, soy sauce, and several grindings of black pepper in a bowl. Roll tablespoon-size knobs of the mixture into balls. To help keep the meat from sticking to your hands and deforming the balls, wet your hands first.
Heat your griddle to medium-high heat and brush with vegetable oil. Place meatballs on the griddle and cook, turning, until browned all over and cooked inside, about 8 minutes. Arrange on a platter, spoon a little sauce over each meatball, and serve with toothpicks.
2. The meatball recipe can also be cooked in this brilliant cast iron skillet pan, however this amazing fig tart recipe is so wonderful we just had to share it.
Fig Tart With Caramelised Onions, Rosemary and Stilton
Ready In 1 h 5 m
3. This square cast iron griddle pan is perfect to cook delicious grilled fish and vegetables. There are a few tips to help you get the most from your griddle pan when grilling fish and vegetables. Here are some we would recommend.
4. This enamel pie dish is perfect for smaller pies, we especially love a home made shepherds pie and this recipe by Jamie Oliver is one of our favourites.
5. And finally what could be better that a good old traditional roast. The ideal way to cook a roast is in one of these fabulous enamel roasters.
We don't think we need to tell you how to roast a chicken in one of these great pots, just safe to say we like to add a few roast potatoes and a little stuffing around the outside of ours, place it in the roasting tin and add a little goose fat salt and pepper, with the chicken placed onto a medley of rosemary stalks, carrots and potatoes, which can then be used for gravy making later. We're sure this picture of the simple roast with no accompaniments is enough to make your mouth water. If you want to make cooking a roast easy for yourself then this is the ideal roasting tin to use.
So you have set aside a great space for your man cave. You have a shed, a cellar, a loft or a garage dedicated to everything manly. A great place for you and your mates to hang out, drink a few beers and hang up your hat for a while, letting the days stresses and strains fade into the distance.
Whatever your choice of man space we're sure you'll want a bit of decoration to add some fun and personalise your pad, whether it's cars you're into or bars we have 10 great additions to any man cave that are up to the job.
1. Our great classic cast metal man cave sign is a necessary sign to have above or on your door. It's solid cast, durable and rustic, perfect for any serious man cave.
2. If your man cave is more of a man shed then this cast metal Man Shed sign is a good alternative to our classic 'Man Cave' sign. It is still hand cast in solid metal, so up for any outdoor weather conditions.
3.If you see yourself more as a hero of the night then our 'Bat Cave' sign has to be the one on your door. Solid cast metal and can be used indoors or out.
4.Once inside the man cave you will want an area for refreshment and what better way to open a few beers that with this original crafted cast iron wall mounted bottle opener?
5.If your man cave is dedicated to your love of fast cars then there are some great automotive plaques that celebrate all that was great from yester year. Our favourite is this Ferrari plaque but don't stop there with so many to add to your wall collection.
6. If the era of steam and railway memorabilia could turn your man cave into a station waiting room, then there are some seriously great repro plaques to add to your platform. This GWR art deco style plaque will bring a bit of class to your carriage.
7. If you're looking for some cool seating ideas, this industrial metal swivel stool will add a bit of class to your cave, it's also a great place to park your bum.
8.This old original folding chair is a solid seating idea for the smaller cave, great for sitting on then folding away for later.
9.All that leaves you to think about now is a bit of male grooming before you head back out into the hustle and bustle of the high street. This nifty moustache and beard comb made from cast pewter can be dropped in your pocket before you leave your lair.
10. So it's time to pick up your hat and coat on the way out. This very masculine stripe design cast iron hat and coat hook is the best coat hook for any suave man cave, it's so good we're sure you'll want to drop everything here every night.
When it comes to cooking we are loving the cast iron cookware by Victor for many reasons. Cast iron skillets get better with age and are versatile.
You can cook up all sorts of dishes and they can be used on the hob and then transferred easily to the oven. Our favourite dish cooked this way is the French tarte tartin made with apples or pears, but less of this mouth watering talk of delicious treats and onto our 5 reasons why we think you should be cooking in cast iron pans.
1. They get better with age. Our favourite reason for cooking with these great cast iron pans is that they just get better and better as the seasoned surface develops into a great natural non stick surface. It's a great healthy alternative to non stick pans as the seasoned pan will not only mean you can use less oil but also that non of the toxic PFC coatings from cheaper pans will find it's way into your food.
2. Cast iron pans can be used inside the oven too. It's just great when you have those dishes that require cooking on the hob and then transferring to the oven to finish off. The skillets have cast iron handles and so are easily transferable from hob to oven.
3. Cast iron cookware retains the heat brilliantly which is great for saving money on energy bills and also keeps the food piping hot when serving food directly to the table in the pan.
4. Iron is a health giving mineral which is transferred directly from the pan to the food when cooking in cast iron, this is especially good if you are vegetarian and may be lacking in this vital nutrient.
5. Cast iron is a great investment in not only your health but also will last for generations. One of those great things that will still be around to pass down to your grandchildren.
So what's stopping you get those pans out and start cooking now.
If you are looking for a little weekend inspiration then there are so many great ideas about how you can spend your precious time but when it comes to getting your home and garden into shape then take a look at some of our interior suggestions to kick start your plans.
If you need to keep your space clean and tidy then start with adding some of these fabulous cast iron brackets which can hold the heaviest of shelves. They come in so many different sizes and colour choices that you will be spoilt for choice. We're sure you will want some in almost every room in the house.
Once you have all of your random items neatly placed on your new shelves it will be time to think about adding some hat and coat hooks to your walls or inside cupboards so that those summer hats have a place to hang and if you reside in the UK then you're sure to need a raincoat near to the door too.
You can always give your drawers a face lift with any of these delightful drawer pulls and cabinet knobs or if you fancy getting into refurbishing that old piece of furniture you have always wanted to give a new lease of life to then they will be sure to add a great finishing touch to your project.
If refurbishing furniture is not your thing then you could always spend your weekend cooking up a delight in the kitchen, these cast iron cooking pans can be used both indoors or out doors on a camp fire and both on the hob or inside the oven to finish the dish.
After all of that hard work you are sure to want to just chill in the garden with a drink or two. Having a cast iron bottle opener on hand will make enjoying yourself so much easier and the beer bottle carrier means you can take your beer with you even if you decide to just retreat to the beach, Whatever you decide the do, have a great weekend.
We know how much you love our cast iron brackets and we have listened to you singing the praises of some of our most popular designs.
With this in mind we have been developing a new range of brackets for some months now. We are now happily able to include these fabulous brackets in our range and offer you a great choice of cast iron bracket designs for your home.
We are sure you will love them as much as we do.
This bracket is perfect for the smallest of spaces and so cute it could be used in childrens bedroom as well as bathrooms and small cloakrooms.
The circle bracket is a development on the popular Ironbridge design. It has a simple shape but now with the added circle in the middle . Still reminiscent of the old style railway brackets but with a little added character and strength. This bracket comes in both 6" and 8" sizes to suit your shelf size.
The Majestic bracket is just that coming in at 10" x 8" it is perfect for those larger shelves and perfect for larger rooms too. It has a simple elegance with slightly ornate scrolls but not at all overpowering. This beautiful bracket is sure to look wonderful in bedrooms and hallways or any where that a more delicate design is required.
The Art Nouveau bracket is a lovely ornate smaller bracket. The extra detail gives added strength to this bracket, so for the size you will find that it is one of the strongest brackets available. Ideal if you need to hold up heavier shelves but they are in a smaller space. It is both intricate and strong and the ideal bracket for classic homes of distinction.
With our fantastic range of cast iron brackets you can be sure to find something that will suit your home and requirements. They all come in three different colour options to suit your home decor too. So start browsing our online range as soon as possible.