Will my parcel be subject to customs charges?
All parcels sent outside of the UK are subject to customs charges, this now includes the EU as of January 1st 2021.
Customs charges are determined when the parcel arrives, therefore it’s impossible for us to determine whether you’ll be charged and by how much in advance.
Does the price I pay include customs charges?
The price you pay does not include customs charges or taxes as these are not known at the time the order is placed.
The decision is made by the relevant authorities in the delivery country who will contact your recipient if there are any charges to be paid.
What happens if customs charges are refused?
There is a risk that the parcel will be abandoned or returned to the sender. These actions may not be free of charge and as each country has different rules we cannot give any specifics.
YesterHome.com cannot be held responsible for any charges that customs enforce on a parcel.
How long will my parcel be held in customs?
The courier will attempt to clear your parcel as quickly as possible through customs; however, there are occasions where customs in the delivery country shall require additional information to assist in the clearing of the goods.
Generally customs will contact the recipient directly and for this reason, we request for you to ensure that you include all up-to-date and correct contact details for the courier during the ordering process.
***Coronavirus International delivery information***
We are working with our airline and postal/courier partners across the globe to maintain services. However, delays should be expected. Many countries have implemented special measure to combat the spread of Covid-19, especially for signature services to maintain social distancing.
The situation is changing daily. Most major export routes remain open, and we continue to accept and process mail, although customers may experience varying levels of delay.
Please see Royal Mail's International Incidents for detailed information.
- All orders under 2KG are sent via DHL GlobalMail service which usually arrives within 5 - 7 working days. However due to COVID international parcels are taking up to 21 to arrive currently.
- The cost of Postage is based on the weight relative to DHL's rates.
- All orders over 2KG are sent via a DHL Express 1-2 day service depending on the destination.
- If your order is urgent we recommend that you select DHL Express delivery option at the checkout as these orders usually arrive within 1 - 2 working days.
- NOTE: If you have any questions regarding delivery costs or if you require an express service please contact us via our contact page